The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Curb Your Car Week Spring 2016 Results (6/3/2016) - The Spring 2016 Curb Your Car Week event took place the week of May 15-21, 2016. During that week, 39 residents from Brighton and Rochester registered their pledge to walk, bike, carpool or ride the bus for at least a day as an alternative to drive their car. Survey Results (39 registered participants, 25 reporting … Continue reading Curb Your Car Week Spring 2016 Results
- Consider These Facts Before Buying or Using A Leaf Blower (6/1/2016) - Leaf blower use on lawns, gardens, driveways is a source of pollution and noise that can significantly impact our environment and health. In addition, the use of hot, dry winds directed at plants desiccates roots and leaves, while drying and stripping away top soil. Noise pollution may be the first problem for those anywhere near … Continue reading Consider These Facts Before Buying or Using A Leaf Blower
- 2016 Eco-Fair Auction Items (6/1/2016) - A list of our exhibitors and their donations to our silent auction is included below. All items will be at the ColorBrightonGreen.org tent. Drawing to be held the day of the Eco-Fair event at 12:45 on Sunday, June 5, 2016. Citizens Climate Lobby, gift card Luvaboos, gift card and/or cloth diapering accessories Peacework Organic CSA, CSA farm … Continue reading 2016 Eco-Fair Auction Items
- Curb Your Car Week Spring 2016—Take the Survey (5/23/2016) - Answer our survey: Submit this online survey form before midnight Sunday, June 5, 2016. The survey results will be published on this website. Comments? We would love to hear about your week or any feedback you may have. Leave a comment below. (Comments are moderated and will be posted after review. Your email address and … Continue reading Curb Your Car Week Spring 2016—Take the Survey
- Announcing Curb Your Car Week Spring 2016 (4/4/2016) - The Spring 2016 edition of Curb Your Car Week will take place from Sunday, May 15 through Saturday, May 21. Learn more and register.