The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Ask An Expert, Community Choice Aggregation (1/17/2020) - Melissa Carlson, from Roctricity, will be at the ColorBrightonGreen table at the Brighton Farmers’ Market on Sunday, January 19, 2020 from 1-4 PM. The Brighton Farmers’ Market is located at the Brookside Community Center, 220 Idlewood Road in Brighton. Have you heard about Community Choice Aggregation and how it is bringing carbon-free electricity to residents … Continue reading Ask An Expert, Community Choice Aggregation
- Ask An Expert About Green Investing (1/17/2020) - Ward Graham has 30+ years of self-managed stock market investing using “modern portfolio theory” and manages multiple accounts for family and friends. Ward will be at the ColorBrightonGreen Table at the Brighton Farmers’ Market on Sunday, February 16, 2020 from 1 to 4 PM. The Brighton Farmers’ Market is held at the Brookside Community Center, … Continue reading Ask An Expert About Green Investing
- Green Investing Presentation (1/17/2020) - On Monday, March 9, 2020 a Green Investing Presentation will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Brighton Memorial Library, 2300 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester. Financial Planners Megan A. Rinaudo, CFP and Steven Pietricola, CIMA, CSRIC will give an introduction to responsible investing which allows investors to align their interests with their values including … Continue reading Green Investing Presentation
- Ask An Expert About Carbon-Friendly Food Gardening (1/17/2020) - On Sunday, March 15, 2020, Patty Love, founder and owner of Barefoot Ecological Design and Rochester Permaculture Center, will be at the ColorBrightonGreen table at the Brighton Farmers’ Market to answer your carbon-friendly food gardening questions. The Brighton Farmers’ Market is held at the Brookside Community Center, 220 Idlewood Road in Brighton from 1 to … Continue reading Ask An Expert About Carbon-Friendly Food Gardening
- Carbon-Friendly Food Gardening Workshop (1/17/2020) - On Monday, April 13, 2020, Patty Love will be speaking about Carbon-friendly food gardening at the Brighton Memorial Library starting at 6:30 PM. Have you been working on reducing your carbon footprint? Have you thought about where your food comes from? Do you know that one of the most carbon-friendly activities is growing your own … Continue reading Carbon-Friendly Food Gardening Workshop