The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Fundraiser: Trees For Brighton (4/25/2019) - Help ColorBrightonGreen plant trees in Brighton! In 2018, ColorBrightonGreen, with the help of the Town of Brighton, Clean Sweep volunteers and members of the French Road Elementary school community, planted 12 trees at French Road Elementary and 7 trees at Buckland Park. Our goal is to plant 20 more trees this year. By purchasing trees … Continue reading Fundraiser: Trees For Brighton
- About Empty Pharmaceutical Bottles (4/2/2019) - ColorBrightonGreen will stop taking pharmaceutical bottles in mid-June, but we wanted to start providing you with more information about why you cannot put them in your curbside recycle bin and what happens to them when you take them to the Monroe County Ecopark. Here is the story: Let’s begin with why pill bottles are not … Continue reading About Empty Pharmaceutical Bottles
- Announcing the 2019 Eco-Fair (3/18/2019) - Date and Location Sunday, June 16, 2019, 9 am to 1 pm Brighton High School Parking Lot Calling for Exhibitors and Student Projects Learn More
- 2019 Eco-Fair Participants (3/18/2019) - 2019 Eco-Fair participants as of April 13, 2019 are: ColorBrightonGreen.org Green Spark Solar Braddock Bay Raptor Research Monroe County Environmental Services Brighton High School Climate Club Rochester Minimalists and the Monroe County Buy Nothing Community Citizens’ Climate Lobby
- Winter Film Series 2019: Happening: ?A Clean Energy Revolution (1/8/2019) - Co-sponsored with Citizens’ Climate Lobby of Rochester Filmmaker Jamie Redford embarks on a personal journey across the US to meet pioneers of clean energy technology, often finding them in some very unlikely places. When: Wednesday, January 9, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM Where: Brighton Memorial Library (2300 Elmwood Avenue) For More Info: Facebook Event