The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Project Drawdown Solution #4: Plant Rich Diet (7/18/2018) - Plant-rich diets reduce emissions and also tend to be healthier, leading to lower rates of chronic disease. According to a 2016 study, business-as-usual emissions could be reduced by as much as 70 percent through adopting a vegan diet and 63 percent for a vegetarian diet, which includes cheese, milk, and eggs. $1 trillion in annual … Continue reading Project Drawdown Solution #4: Plant Rich Diet
- The Environmental Benefits of Buying Locally-Grown Food (7/18/2018) - Many of us love our local farmers markets! Buying locally can help our environment, but maybe not for the reasons that you think. Check out this article that we found from go green.
- Sustainable Dairies (7/18/2018) - Dairy cows and their manure produce greenhouse gas emissions which contribute to climate change. Poor handling of manure and fertilizers can degrade local water resources. And unsustainable dairy farming and feed production can lead to the loss of ecologically important areas, such as prairies, wetlands, and forests. The World Wildlife Federation (WWF) envisions a global … Continue reading Sustainable Dairies
- Project Drawdown Solution #3: Reduced Food Waste (7/18/2018) - There are numerous and varied ways to address key waste points. In lower-income countries, improving infrastructure for storage, processing, and transportation is essential. In higher-income regions, major interventions are needed at the retail and consumer levels. National food-waste targets and policies can encourage widespread change. Beyond addressing emissions, these efforts can also help to meet … Continue reading Project Drawdown Solution #3: Reduced Food Waste
- ROC EV Ride and Drive Roadshow: Henrietta Public Library (7/11/2018) - Hosted by Rochester Electric Vehicle Accelerator WHAT IS THE RIDE AND DRIVE ROADSHOW? The Ride and Drive Roadshow is your opportunity to join ROC EV in leading our community’s shift to electric vehicles. You’ll learn all about the performance, economic, and environmental benefits of electric vehicles and have your questions answered by local EV drivers. … Continue reading ROC EV Ride and Drive Roadshow: Henrietta Public Library