The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Greening Your Portfolio (3/20/2017) - Greening Your Portfolio, a panel discussion with professionals from local financial institutions, will help individuals learn how to invest successfully while still supporting companies with ‘green’ business practices, such as clean energy, reducing climate change, fossil fuel-free and other sustainable efforts. Additionally, participants will gain a better understanding of climate change risks and opportunities, potential investment … Continue reading Greening Your Portfolio
- RYCL’s Youth Climate Summit (3/7/2017) - The Rochester Youth Climate Leaders (RYCL) are planning a day of interactive workshops, presentations, planning sessions, and learning. RYCL is looking for teams of students and faculty advisors from area schools and universities. Each team will ideally have 4-5 students with one faculty advisor. Schools may send multiple teams. This is an opportunity for youth leaders to … Continue reading RYCL’s Youth Climate Summit
- First Annual Rochester Find Your Farmer Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)Fair and Happy Hour (3/7/2017) - There will be live music, local beer, and real farmers at this event! When: Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2-5 PM Where: M Body Gym, 1048 University Avenue, Rochester, NY
- Film Presentation and Discussion: Merchants of Doubt (2/26/2017) - On Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, ColorBrightonGreen.org in collaboration with the Rochester People’s Climate Coalition are co-sponsoring the screening of the film Merchants of Doubt. The film will be shown at the Friends Learning Center, Brighton Memorial Library, 2300 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, New York Inspired by the acclaimed book by Naomi Oreskes … Continue reading Film Presentation and Discussion: Merchants of Doubt
- Sign the Petition to Ban Styrofoam in Monroe County, New York (2/26/2017) - The local chapter of the Sierra Club has started a petition on change.org to ban styrofoam in Monroe County. Despite the little 6 found on the bottom of most Styrofoam products, Styrofoam is virtually impossible to recycle. In Monroe County, Styrofoam is not accepted at curbside pick-up. Persistent individuals aiming to recycle packing Styrofoam can deliver … Continue reading Sign the Petition to Ban Styrofoam in Monroe County, New York