The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Ask An Expert: Electric Vehicles (8/5/2019) - Have you been thinking of buying an electric vehicle? All-electric vehicles together with plug-in hybrids all fit into this category. Want to learn more? Click the link to take a look at a pdf file of the latest Electric Vehicle Guide and/or attend our Ask An Expert event at the Brighton Farmers’ Market on Sunday, … Continue reading Ask An Expert: Electric Vehicles
- Managing Food Waste in New York: A NYSP2I Hosted Event (5/6/2019) - What: New York is taking food waste off the menu. Why? • It’s expensive: Food waste costs businesses nearly $2 billion in lost profits. • It’s unnecessary: One-third of all food produced globally never gets eaten. • It’s a missed opportunity: Organic waste is a valuable resource that could fuel a more sustainable, circular economy. • It’s the law: Effective on … Continue reading Managing Food Waste in New York: A NYSP2I Hosted Event
- Interfaith Climate Summit (5/6/2019) - What: The new Rochester Area Interfaith Climate Action presents its first annual Interfaith Climate Summit. Share in interfaith prayers for Creation. Learn ways your faith community can protect Creation through workshops on food/recycling, facilities, gardens/landscaping, education/motivation, advocacy, and more. Experience the intergenerational Carbon Footprint Game. When: Sunday, May 19, 2019, Registration at 1:30 pm; program … Continue reading Interfaith Climate Summit
- Fundraiser: Trees For Brighton (4/25/2019) - Help ColorBrightonGreen plant trees in Brighton! In 2018, ColorBrightonGreen, with the help of the Town of Brighton, Clean Sweep volunteers and members of the French Road Elementary school community, planted 12 trees at French Road Elementary and 7 trees at Buckland Park. Our goal is to plant 20 more trees this year. By purchasing trees … Continue reading Fundraiser: Trees For Brighton
- About Empty Pharmaceutical Bottles (4/2/2019) - ColorBrightonGreen will stop taking pharmaceutical bottles in mid-June, but we wanted to start providing you with more information about why you cannot put them in your curbside recycle bin and what happens to them when you take them to the Monroe County Ecopark. Here is the story: Let’s begin with why pill bottles are not … Continue reading About Empty Pharmaceutical Bottles