The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Curb Your Car Week Spring 2015—Take the Survey! (5/16/2015) - The Spring 2015 event concluded on Saturday May 16, 2015. Participants, please answer our survey to help us tally results to determine the impact on carbon emissions.
- Bakkan Oil Trains in New York: What You Need To Know (5/13/2015) - Ban The Bomb Trains. You are invited to this forum on crude oil by rail with Sandy Steubing from PAUSE – People at Ablany Untied for Safe Energy. There will be a question and answer period plus a discussion to follow. Have you wondered what is in those big black rail cars and why there … Continue reading Bakkan Oil Trains in New York: What You Need To Know
- Native Plant Sale (5/13/2015) - Start your garden while giving to a great cause! Genesee Land Trust’s Native Plant Sale 2015 takes place at the Brighton Town Hall at 2300 Elmwood Avenue on Saturday, May 16th from 10 AM until 2 PM. Over 12 nurseries and Genesee Land Trust volunteers donate native plants, shrubs and trees.l Look for the white … Continue reading Native Plant Sale
- Rochester Bicycle Film Festival (5/12/2015) - This film festival brings quality bicycle-related films to the western New York audience. Through the power of cinema, an effort is made to bring together bicyclists of all kinds to enjoy a social gathering and celebrate bicycle culture. All proceeds benefit a local bicycle-related charity. Tuesday, May 12, 7 PM, The Cinema Theater: Breaking Away … Continue reading Rochester Bicycle Film Festival
- Brighton Monroe Avenue Green Innovation Grant Project Open House (5/12/2015) - Come and review the final design and upcoming construction schedule for the Monroe Avenue Greenway. The GIGP is designed to incorporate natural systems into the Monroe Avenue corridor to improve stormwater management. The Town of Brighton is retrofitting this vital corridor with sustainable green infrastructure. The work begins with the installation of the Buckland Creek … Continue reading Brighton Monroe Avenue Green Innovation Grant Project Open House