The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Town of Brighton Public Sustainability Workshop Session: Help Brighton Plan its Future! (2/9/2016) - Review the ﬁndings, take the survey, and provide feedback on the vision statement. The Town of Brighton Comprehensive plan will be the Town’s “blueprint” for the next decade. While there is a distinct sustainability theme being pursued, it is important that those who support sustainable practices make their voices heard loud and clear to help … Continue reading Town of Brighton Public Sustainability Workshop Session: Help Brighton Plan its Future!
- Setting the Stage, What is Equity By Design? (2/9/2016) - Julian Agyeman, Ph.D. Professor, Urban & Environmental Policy/ Planning, Tufts University and Anne-Marie Lubenau, Director, Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence sponsored by the Bruner Foundation. These speakers will set the stage for the Community Design Center’s Reshaping Rochester series by helping to answer the question, “How can we design a more equitable Rochester region?” … Continue reading Setting the Stage, What is Equity By Design?
- Why Native Plants? (2/9/2016) - This Genesee Land Trust (GLT) lecture, sponsored by the Penfield Library, will include a PowerPoint presentation and will feature Margaret Potter of the GLT along with Lois Danneberg and Rachel Edwards of Broccolo Tree & Lawn Care and Broccolo Garden Center, Penfield. Learn why the planting of native plants makes your life easier as a … Continue reading Why Native Plants?
- Film Presentation:Triple Divide (2/3/2016) - ColorBrightonGreen.org will finish up its 2016 Film Festival with the movie “Triple Divide”. This movie is said to be the only documentary of its kind on the controversial subject of fracking capable of speaking to all sides, with exclusive interviews from the industry, experts, and Americans suffering in the wake of shale gas development. “Its … Continue reading Film Presentation:Triple Divide
- How Your Yard and Garden Can Help Fight Climate Change (2/1/2016) - Easy to apply gardening and yard care methods will restore carbon to the soil – and keep it there – for healthier crops, more resilient gardens and less extreme weather. A series of short films will be shown that provide hope in the face of climate change! Additionally, a discussion will include simple actions everyone … Continue reading How Your Yard and Garden Can Help Fight Climate Change