The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Curb Your Car Week Fall 2014—Take the Survey! (10/11/2014) - The Fall 2014 event concluded on Saturday October 11, 2014. Participants, please answer our survey to help us tally results and for a chance to win a prize. Prizes will be awarded to high mileage savers, and randomly to participants. Prizes may include environmental books for children and adults, home energy audits, energy saving small […]
- Good Drinking Water Choices (9/12/2014) - Two local faith-based organizations have collaborated to develop a pamphlet about water as a great beverage of choice. This pamphlet outlines the pros and cons of tap water versus single use plastic water bottles. Check out this pdf file that contains the pamphlet. Water Brochure
- Use Reusable Shopping Bags (9/12/2014) - Two local faith-based organizations have put together a double sided brochure titled “Shopping, Make it a Green Choice”. This pdf file can be opened with the link below. It has useful information on the benefits of using reusable shopping bags and references areas around the world that have instituted fees for plastic bags, or outlawed […]
- Recycle Your Vehicle (9/12/2014) - Recycle your vehicle through a local nonprofit organization. Here are some local nonprofit organizations accepting vehicle donations: National Kidney Foundation—Kidney Cars Wheels for Wishes—Benefiting Make-A-Wish Western New York WXXI—Vehicle Donation Program
- People’s Climate March—NYC and Rochester Events (8/30/2014) - In September, world leaders are coming to New York City for a United Nation summit on the climate crisis. UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is urging governments to support an ambitious global agreement to dramatically reduce global warming pollution. People’s Climate March A march is organized in New York City for people to take a stand […]