The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Lights for Lima [Peru] Climate Vigil (11/23/2014) - When: Sunday, December 7, 2014, 6-7 PM Where: St. Monica Church, 831 Genesee Street, Rochester, 14611 What: A strong international agreement is a key part of the fight against climate change. This December, representatives of the world’s governments are meeting in Lima, Peru to build towards such an agreement in the coming year. Time is running out for … Continue reading Lights for Lima [Peru] Climate Vigil
- Renewable Energy Solutions You Can Use (11/23/2014) - When: Tuesday, December 2, 2014, 7:30 PM Where: First Unitarian Church, 220 Winton Road South, Rochester, 14610 Renewable Energy Solutions that YOU Can Use. Presented by Susan Spencer, PhD, Microsystems Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology. Then hear about: A Citizens’ Solution to Climate Change-We can put the brakes on climate change by putting a price on carbon. ‘Carbon fee … Continue reading Renewable Energy Solutions You Can Use
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret (11/23/2014) - Animal Agriculture and Greenhouse Gases Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret is a groundbreaking feature-length environmental documentary following intrepid filmmaker Kip Andersen as he uncovers the most destructive industry facing the planet today – and investigates why the world’s leading environmental organizations are too afraid to talk about it. When and where? Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 6:30 … Continue reading Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret
- Garbage Warrior (11/23/2014) - A Film About Eco Architecture The epic story of radical Earthship eco architect Michael Reynolds, and his fight to build off-the-grid self-sufficient communities. When and where? Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 6:30 pm Brighton Memorial Library, in the Friends Learning Center 2300 Elmwood Avenue Free event
- Chasing Ice (11/23/2014) - The award-winning 2014 documentary on climate change James Balog and his team on the Extreme Ice Survey assemble a multiyear chronicle of the planet’s rapidly melting glaciers. When and where? Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 6:30 pm Brighton Memorial Library, in the Friends Learning Center 2300 Elmwood Avenue Free event