The momentum for energy efficiency, environmental sustainability and economic security is growing right here in the town of Brighton, New York.
ColorBrightonGreen.org, a non-profit organization, supports business, municipal, school, and residential energy reduction measures in our town, in concert with climate protection efforts by other towns and cities across the country.
Through community education and simple, thoughtful actions, our goal is to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions by at least 10% and make our own little piece of the world cleaner.
- Solarize Rochester (3/4/2015) - When: Saturday, March 28, 2015, Noon Where: 1350 Chiyoda Drive,Webster, NY 14580 Solarize is a community-based movement intended to spur adoption of solar energy by bundling community solar systems into a bulk discount while highlighting local labor that pays a living wage. All companies are screened by the sponsors for quality of work, warranty, financing plans, hire local … Continue reading Solarize Rochester
- Earth Hour 2015 (2/27/2015) - Earth Hour started in 2007 as a lights-off event to raise awareness about climate change. Earth Hour 2015 encourages individuals, communities, households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour as a symbol for their commitment to the planet. For more information, check out the earth hour website. When: Saturday, March 28, … Continue reading Earth Hour 2015
- Our Energy Future: Global Problems Local Solutions (2/27/2015) - When: Sunday, March 22, 2015, 2-3:30 PM Where: Pittsford Library, 24 State Street, Pittsford, NY 14534 (Fisher Room). Join Darren Everhart from Victor for a presentation and community discussion about what we can do to locally further energy conservation efforts. This is one of a series in preparation for renowned climate change scientist James Hansen’s April 21, 2015 … Continue reading Our Energy Future: Global Problems Local Solutions
- Farash Property Shared Use Trail Information Meeting Open House (2/27/2015) - The Town of Brighton will be hosting a project information meeting to introduce trail design recommendations for the Shared-Use Trail Project. The goal of the meeting is to solicit input from the community on the trail design. The meeting will be open house format, and attendees may stop in at their convenience between 7 and … Continue reading Farash Property Shared Use Trail Information Meeting Open House
- Film and Panel Discussion on Bacterial Resistance (2/27/2015) - When: Thursday, March 12, 2015, 5:30 to 8:30 PM Where: Panara Theater at NTID building, Rochester Institute of Technology Film followed by discussion Antibiotics were first mass-produced in the 1940s. Their ability to fight and kill bacteria revolutionized medicine andhad profound effects on everyting from agriculture to the Armed Forces. Seventy years later,these miracle drugs are failing. For … Continue reading Film and Panel Discussion on Bacterial Resistance